Why do we need to Identity Theft Protection Services?
In response to data breaches and hacks of major companies and millions of personal information stolen, numerous companies have stepped in to provide consumers with tools to help safeguard your identity.
- Each year, 15 million people in the United States fall victim to identity theft, with financial losses totaling close to 50 million.
- 100 million additional Americans jeopardize their identity from being stolen each year when records maintained in government and corporate databases are lost or stolen.
- Even your kids can be under risk since a well known fact is that more than 30% of identity theft victims are scammed by family and close friends of the family.
- Social Media accounts are used by thieves to obtain information such as your address, whereabouts, birthday, and pet’s names, if profiles are not “private.”
Can Identity Theft Protection Services Actually Protect You?
It’s a good question. We always encourage consumers to be the first to take preemptive measures in protecting your identity and allowing Identity Theft Protection Services to help complement with the following:
- Credit score monthly tracking. Many of the companies we rank function by monitoring one or more of your three reports that are created by the three major bureaus to document your financial activity — TransUnion‚ Experian and Equifax.
- ID Theft Insurance. There are certainly costs associated with the process of restoring a stolen identity, and it’s definitely wise to insure yourself with up to a million dollars to fix your problem.
- Social Security Monitoring. Since a person’s Social Security number is regarded as an important identifier of U.S. citizenry, it is regarded as a very tempting target to identity thieves worldwide. Monitoring can actually help you take proactive measures before a thief has a chance to misuse it.
- Lost Wallet Protection. In the unfortunate event that you lose your wallet, many companies can help cancel or replace credit cards, driver’s licenses, Social Security cards, insurance cards and more.
We Can Help You Make the Right Decision
Just the fact that you are here, on Velvet Protection demonstrates that you are conscious about your identity and one step closer to protecting not only yourself from identity theft, but the people around you that matter most. We have worked extremely hard to review and assess each one of the companies on our website to assist consumers on picking the right Identity Theft Protection Service to minimize damages in the event that an unfortunate identity crime occurs in your backyard.